Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I'm 23 year old male and I've been suffering with pain on

Customer Question

Hi I'm 23 year old male and I've been suffering with pain on the left side of my body I've lived with it for nearly a year as I'm very busy being a single time I've not had time to take myself to the doctors. The pain is from my arm joint(top) my ribs and shoulder blade my shoulder blade grinds pops and feels like it jumps off my rib (if this makes sense) my ribs click if I place my finger and push down slightly I get horrendous neck ache every morning and lasts all day until the evening my arm is weak when I carry a single bag waighing no more the 10kg it aches and I have to swap to my right arm also my Solar plexus clicks also (sorry for my spelling) my arm joint clicks and grinds I think I've said everything for you to get a rough idea please please help me thank you
Daniel cruickshank
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionIt sounds like a pinched nerve in your back or neckcould also be a bulging dischave you seen a physical therapist or chiropractor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I've not had any time to as at first I thought it wasn't that bad if I need to I will go as soon as I can would a pinched nerve Cause All this pain in different areas? Thanks again Dan
Well the nerves cause a spreading muscle spasm and it can affect a large area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so by what I've said you think it's a trapped nerve or bulging disc? I've had massages before it's not worked it's getting to the point it just needs to end now? Do you need any other info? It's lasted for nearly a year now?
You need to see your primary doctor or a chiropractor and get some imaging of the neck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you very much for your help do you think it's somthing to worry about?
Hard to say for sure without an exam. Is it life threatening? Probably not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks again dr.phil also if I sit straight look forward and move my head backward it hurts at the top of my spine in centre to my shoulder?
I think that is a muscle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It feels like my spine or what you said the disc? Is pushing down coursing the pain? Just giving you more details so we can figure out what it could be before I go to the doctors
Well it is probably a disc.The disc presses on nerves that trigger muscle spasm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok il make an appointment with the doctor to go further with treatment for this thank you so much for your help
welcome :)