Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Went to Dr got anti biotics on Tuesday still getting the

Customer Question

Hi went to Dr got anti biotics on Tuesday still getting the pain in chest and shoulder blades but neck pain better but pain defiantly not as bad. Still taking ibuprofen and paracetamol. How long should I give it? I am a golfer played my first 18 holes 2 weeks ago but also had my gallbladder out 3 years ago the pain feels like that but not as severe.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.You should give the anti inflammatory medication at least 7 days for maximum effect. You mention that the pain has gotten better that means they have already started to work. Warm compresses and massage will benefit.Please do rate the answer by clicking on the stars on the top right corner of the screen.Regards.