Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I had a pain in my side and went to a&e they did blood tests

Customer Question

I had a pain in my side and went to a&e they did blood tests and a ct scan and it turned out to be a kidney stone, would the blood tests also have checked for chlorestrol, diabetics etc?
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I am Dr.Customerand pleased to help you with your question. The bloodworks for pain are not including cholesterol and blood sugar. You only search for the pain's origin and don't order tests that aren't helpful for this issue. But, of course, it is good to know these parameters when you are middel aged or older. In that case you could ask your doctor to have them tested, too. All the best!
How are you doing?You have read my answer but didn't give a positive rating yet. Do you have a question concerning my answer? Feel free to ask!