Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Past few weeks I've been getting pressure on my

For the past few weeks I've been getting pressure on my lower stomach abdomen. I cant sit or lie down for more than an hour at a time. Now it's getting worse. I need the toilet every hour or so to urinate even though I havent drank anything. I'm really worried that it may be something serious
I've had a urine test which came back fine and had an internal examination where they couldn't find anything. I've asked for an ultra sound but this might take weeks
I'm worried I've got cancer or something.
I'm 33 female. Please help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor

your symptoms don't sound like cancer, but the do sound like over active bladder muscle or over active bladder syndrome

where your bladder muscles can spasm and cause pain and frequent urination.

there are medications like vesicare and detrol and others which can help this.

do you have a GP doctor you can talk to about overactive bladder syndrome?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been to my gp. But he didn't say anything about what it could be. How can I have an over active bladder all of a sudden. Plus Im urinating so much and haven't even drank anything. I can't lie down cos of the pressure and can't sit either. When I stand it eases a little bit.Also me and my husband are trying for a baby. Can I still take those medications. Also can I get them without a prescription
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi can I get a reply back pls
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took ibuprofen this morning and that seemed to help a bit
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

overactive bladder can cause you to urinate frequently small amounts.

ibuprofen can help decrease some of the inflammation of your bladder which could help

make sure you take the ibuprofen with food in your stomach and with plenty of water and fluids.

return back to your GP doctor and ask about overactive bladder syndrome and see if you have it

ask about those medications I mentioned and see if they will prescribe you something like them to help calm down your bladder spasms.

ask them if you need to consult with a urology specialist doctor who specializes in the bladder

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com