Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I had a vasectomy a week ago. One of the incisions appears

Hello. I had a vasectomy a week ago. One of the incisions appears to be healing well, but the other one (on the right side) appears to be a little infected, with white pus and looks a bit angry. I think i need some antibiotics, but I'm in London (the procedure was done up North, where my doctor is). What do you recommend? Thanks
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am Dr.Amita and I would be assisting you with your concerns today. Right now you may use brulidine cream for local application.Clean and dry the area before application.It is an effective topical antibiotic and would help you deal with this situation.It is available over the counter from any local pharmacy.You should also try to have your doctor look at it as soon as possible so that you can get a prescription of oral antibiotics if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. As I said in my question, I'm over 100 miles from my doctor. How can I get a prescription for oral antibiotics while I'm in London? This seems urgent and important to me; not something that should wait until I'm next up North
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for replying.One option would be to use a service like pushdoctor who can provide a video consultation for you. Please see the link. Or you may use a walk in centre service of nhs.See the link.