Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I'm a 45 year old male,non smoker. I've aged well with no ob

I'm a 45 year old male,non smoker. I've aged well with no obvious facial wrinkles. 2 weeks ago I woke up with 3 very deep sudden creases under each eye. It almost looks as if my under eye area has collapsed. Is there a possible health issue or is this an ageing process
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had many months of sleep disturbance but these creases literally came overnight and I have slept well since with no improvement
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidmost likely not a health issuecould be due to dehydration or alcohol use or lack of sleep.are you drinking alcohol or smoking? these can cause lines under your eyes.are you drinking enough water daily?can you upload a clear jpg photo of your eyes so I can better help you?here are instructions.type a word in the textbox and highlight itthen select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpgthis opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswerhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,thanks for the reply,please find attached photo. i don't smoke and never drink alcohol. There was a slight improvement today after upping my water intake although the lines got deeper again as the day wore on
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I see the photo
I would use thick moisturizers under your eyes like Vaseline or lanolin or Aquafore ointment. These can be purchased at your drug store. And keep drinking plenty of water and fluids. Get regular sleep. This is not a sign of disease. I'm glad you don't smoke or drink alcohol.
let me know if you have other questions. If done for now please leave positive feedback below. You can always reach me as Dr David. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great and although not pleasant it's nice to know it's unlikely a health problem. I do use moisturiser but will do with those suggested. Sleep and dehydration are the likely culprits alongside a 6 month old baby! Thanks again