wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am having pain in my upper left limb while lying on my left

I am having pain in my upper left limb while lying on my left side which starts about 5am each morning. usually turning over relieves it but it is limiting my sleep.
I am 70 years old in good health but too heavy. Following NHS Counter weight programme.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.This can be due to many, many issues. Some of them are life threatening (like heart problems) and some of them are no big deal (temporary pressure on a nerve).The only way to get to the bottom of what is going on is to have your doctor examine you in person.Since the pain is strong enough to mess up your sleep I strongly feel that this needs to be investigated sooner rather than later. You should stop trying to deal with this on your own and see a doctor -- today if possible.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS