DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a person who suffers from - Polar Affective Disorder

I am a person who suffers from Bi - Polar Affective Disorder i am prescribed Sertraline , Lithium , Quetiapine i alson suffer from Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 and i am prescribed Insulin , Metformin , Simvastin.
I have been complaining for several months about tiredness which is now occuring in the morning and afternoon ( recent) i am currently taking the Soroquel in a 300 mg dose these symptoms are proving a hinderence to daily life I have brought this to the attention of my GP ,but it s never the same GP , I have also mentioned it to my C.P.N. it will be six months since i saw a Consultant Psychiatrist
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Seroquel is known to cause weight gain, diabetes as side effects.Can also cause tiredness.300 mg is high dose.You will need to discuss this with your doctor to lower the dose gradually.Please also get your thyroid function checked.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hellosertraline and lithium can potentially interact to cause seritonine syndrome.Ask your doctor about this.Metformin and seroquel interact to disrupt blood sugar control, and this can be part of your problem.Lithium can affect the thyroid gland and make you hypothyroid, which would account for your symptoms. In fact, this is likely the problem and you need thyroid blood tests now.TSH should be below 2.5 and above .3.I am a double board certified clinical doctor with over 20 years of experience in these situations.Find me anytime, save time, get correct answers.For Dr. Thomas only.Please click a positive rating on this post for me.Come back and find me as needed.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.