Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Every one telling me I'm losing weight but I'm not dieting.

Customer Question

Every one telling me I'm losing weight but I'm not dieting. I'm worried about it. I will see my doctor but wanted to get some possible answers now. I have weighed myself. My weight in the past has always hovered around 196 pounds, but now is about 193. I do still have a fairly big belly but the rest of me is getting thinner.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Unexplained weight loss can be due to the metabolic causes.Diabetes, Hyerthyroidism, Testosterone deficiency are common causes.Underlying malig***** *****ke lymphoma, colon cancer are other concerns as well.Blood tests like blood count, metabolic painel, thyroid panel, Testosterone level should be checked first.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello196 to 193 is not weight loss. this is entirely due to water variability. 10 pounds or more, maybe, not 3.You in fact can be accumulating fat in the stomach area, and losing it in the periphery.A product of aging, bad diet and loss of exercise.By all means see your doctor, but there is no indication of cancer or anything else ominous based on your description.You give no indication of these problems.I will be glad to consider more information.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You may be losing more weight than measured.And you are losing your muscle mass.That is more concerning here.Should not be disregarded.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/