Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

There, I am 39 years old and 6 weeks pregnant, no complications

Hi there, I am 39 years old and 6 weeks pregnant, no complications so far. I suffer from IBS so am a bit constipated today and had to force it when going to the toilet (with the smallest drop of fresh blood from the anus). I then notice a light, brownish vaginal discharge - it is quite light but is definitely there.
Am I right assuming that this is normal and related to the Bowel Movement? Or should I check in with A&E?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou can check with the A&E.but most likely the constipation is causing hemorrhoid bleeding from the anus.you might need to soften your stool to help avoid constipation. eating prunes and using stool softeners and eating more fiber can help.light brown vaginal discharge could be some old blood coming out of the uterus.your gyn doctor should know about this.best to avoid constipation.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com