Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a small lump on one side of my vigina[ at the opening

Customer Question

I have a small lump on one side of my vigina[ at the opening of the vigina] Its about the size of a pea, its a little painfull, what is it ? PC
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Do you have a picture that I could see?Is it red in colour?Tender to touch?Since how long are you having this problem?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the lump for about 3/4 days. Its red and tender to touch.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Is it on the outside on the skin? or on the inside?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its on the inside
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most likely having this swelling due to blockage of one of the glands inside the vagina.I think that you are having a small cyst called as Bartholin's cyst.If this is not causing any major symptoms you can leave it and it will usually resolve on its own.If it causes a lot of pain it may be an indication of an infection in which case it would need to be drained by your doctor.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards