Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Hey i am too embarrassed to go to my doctor I rang but they

Customer Question

hey i am too embarrassed to go to my doctor I rang but they said I they cnt see Me for a week. I discovered I've had a tampon im for 8 days I'm panicked I do think knw wat to do can u please help advise me
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That is a very risky situation for you. Toxic shock syndrome risk increases day by day from staphylococcal infection. You should go to the local hospital to get it out soon by a doctor. You may try as a last resort with your hand but most likely the tampon is stuck in the cervix opening. That can only be pulled out with a forcep. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Ave taking it out already do I still need to go to hospital
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
If you have been able to take it out and you do not have any symptoms, then you do not need to go to the hospital. However watch out for any fever, vaginal pain and foul smelling discharge within next 48 hours. Best wishes