Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My husband has been feeling unwell a year and is steadily feeling worse, n

Hello, my husband has been feeling unwell for over a year and is steadily feeling worse, no energy, often feeling over tired, he can not do anything without getting out of breath. his back is diagnosed with spondylitis, he has glycoma and macula degeneration, arthritis, a very large stomach hernia, he is also going deaf. he feels that he is 'dying' on many occasions. the doctor has said his heart is mildly enlarged and should not cause too much problem.
He also has sneezing fits, his nose runs madly and he gets a build up of flem that he has to evacuate. his body aches and he is miserable. All his life he has been a positive energetic and buoyant person, can you advise please?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me what tests he has had?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has had all his bloods black and other than just tipping into diabetes-2 (no treatment other than diet) and a lazy thyroid (letheroxne 125mg) all have come back clear. he is overweight not overly so but as he is unable to walk, this is hardly surprising.
He has been told his inner ear is damaged so he gets a dizzy feeling and he has problems guiding his legs.
Eye pressure 19 and 20 he takes monoprost 50micrograms once in the evening in each eye.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He also takes 10mg Rapiril for blood pressure a day
It could be related to the thyroidis it controlled now?is he overweight?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the thyroid reading is good and it is under control, he is mildly overweight and is on a healthy diet
does he snore?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes, not as bad as he used to and he has had a diagnosis of sleep-apnoea
does he use a CPAP?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, he refused the offer, he has lost weight and his snoring is not too bad now.
That doesn't matter.I'm guessing the sleep apnea explains a lot of symptoms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really? how can I go forward with this information, our doctors really don't seem to know or want to bother , really desperate.
Get another sleep study. It will prove it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do, thank you.