Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have had my period quite heavy 3 and a half weeks

I have had my period quite heavy for about 3 and a half weeks now and am unsure as to why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 21, not on any birth controle and have had an abortion in feb of this year.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. There are several possible causes of prolonged bleeding that has lasted 3 1/2 weeks, but in a woman with an abortion the previous month there is significant concern that there could be an infection. It is also possible that there could be some retained fragments of the placenta. Prolonged bleeding could also be related to a hormonal imbalance. Since this could be related to an infection, it is better that you be seen by your doctor. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.