Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have medical blood test result in law and I need you

I have medical blood test result for my in law and I need you to diagnose her case. Thanks
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Please post the result here.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My in law is a female and she is 60 years old, she started vomiting and a bad rash or blisters appeared heavily around her right side of her neck. here is the blood test results.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a picture of the rash?Can you post here?Blood test shows high white blood cell count commonly seen with a bacterial infection.Hence cellulitis is likely which requires antibiotic course.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her son is sleeping, can I send the photo of the blister tomorrow morning? plus did u notice that her hb results is too high and her neutropenia is 84%. does not seems like lyme disease or cancer? For your info She actually lives in high altitude place 7000ft above sea level.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hb result is still within normal range and can be seen in people living in high altitude.Neutrophil and white cell count are both elevated commonly in bacterial infection.Cancer is not likely as the elevation is still considered mild.Yes you can send the pic tomorrow.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks doc. I will send you the photo tomorrow and will see from there. See u tomorrow
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
very welcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dea r Doc. Here is attached photo of her neck with blisters.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is shingles rash.Shingles is caused by the activation of chicken pox virus already in the body.This is a viral infection.Can be treated with Valacyclovir 1 gram 3 times daily for 7 days.Pain can be controlled by Ibuprofen.Please discuss with her doctor today.Treatment should be startedcas soon as possible.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great Dr. By the way she is heavy smoker too, 1) Can she benefit from OXYGEN therapy? 2) do u recommend any further tests?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
If her blood oxygen is good then oxygen therapy not needed. She should be given nicotine patches or other medications to help with quitting smoking. She should have chest xrays also to look for any smoking related damage to lungs. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot doc for your great help.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/