Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I was diagnosed with bronchitis last week in Kuwait, I was

I was diagnosed with bronchitis last week in Kuwait, I was there with work.
The doctor prescribed klacid antibiotics 2 tablets once per day, which is 1000mg per day, my chest has completely cleared as I had an X-ray.
But I feel worse since taking the antibiotics, I'm completely wiped out, no energy at all.
Do you think I was prescribed to much antibiotics?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. The dose of Klacid is in the recommended dosage range for a bronchitis. And while it is true that Klacid is generally well tolerated, it is true that even standard doses of Klacid can potentially cause side effects. When side effects do occur, the most common side effects are GI side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or abdominal discomfort. You do not specify in what way that you feel worse, but it may be a side effect from an appropriate dose of the Klacid. It is also common for someone to feel drained for a while after a significant chest infection. Even when the active infection has resolved, it may take another week or two before the person feels normal and energy levels have returned to baseline. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance. If you would like my assistance with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/