wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I get a burning sensation on the top of my feet especially

Customer Question

I get a burning sensation on the top of my feet especially when I'm in bed
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.How long has this been going on for?Do you have any other symptoms?Does it happen every time you go to bed?Does this sensation occur on any other part of your body?How tall are you and how much do you weigh?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has gone on for about 6 months
Happens most evenings
Not on any other part of my body
I'm about 5,10 and about 15 stoneI take sertraline for depression
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that additional information.Well, there are a large number things that can cause your symptoms.You may be suffering from a peripheral neuropathy, a vascular issue or even a systemic condition.Unfortunately, the only way to get to the bottom of what is going on is to have a complete physical examination by your primary care MD.Since this has already been going on for 6 months I do not feel that this is a problem you are going to be able to fix at home nor do I think it is going to resolve on its own.The underlying cause need to be found and the sooner the better so that it does not get worse.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS