Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have discolate my toe. I'm in Thailand on holiday, and it's

I have discolate my toe. I'm in Thailand on holiday, and it's Thai new year. I'm unable to get to a hospital today. What shall i do?
Stacey Gilson
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi Stacey and thanks for the query. I am sorry to hear about the situation.You should see a physician in the ER or an Urgent Care, an xray is warranted and the toe should be relocated.If you can't get any medical help, and if it has been less than 6 hours, then you can try to put it back yourself. This can be done by gently pulling the toe away from the foot and by doing this you realign the toe. Have someone do it for you if you can not do it yourself.If it has been more than 6 hours, then it is best to wait and seek medical help, as the tissues loose their elasticity and you can do more harm than good in attempting at home relocation.Mean while, you should avoid loading weight on the affected foot and keep it elevated. Start on OTC pain killer and anti inflammatory - Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day.Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I went to Phuket hospital and the toe was broken. It's been strapped up now. Thank you
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome and thanks for following up.Please do rate the service by clicking on the stars on top of this screen.Wishing you a speedy recovery.