Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

There, I have just adopted a cat i never had them when

hello there, I have just adopted a cat i never had them when living at home as mum was allergic but i have been around cats outside and at friends houses and never really had a major problem few sneezes, but i have been waking up wheezy in the night and have coughing fits since the cat has been in our house i do get back to sleep eventually but during the day i have an annoying irritant cough.I have got a hepa air filter in the bedroom the cat does come in although i would not want him in the bedroom my girlfriend lets him in and i wake up to him right next to me i do hoover the room daily and the sheets , is there anything i can get that can help with or prevent the wheezing we are both fond of him already and would hate to have to give him up
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is hard situation for you. You are likely allergic to cat dander not hair. You can use an antihistamine like Loratadine 10 mg daily to help with the symptoms. Your GP can also prescribe Albuterol oral inhaler to prevent wheezing as well. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/