Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

There, Very concerned about my mum. She is 90 this year.

Hi There,
Very concerned about my mum. She is 90 this year. We have recently moved into a retirement flat It's been almost a year of upheaval , living out of boxes, solicitors paperwork to complete etc.
Anyway, since moving into new flat mum has been imagining things like other people in flat,cats fighting, noises etc. I am not getting much sleep because of mum disturbing me due to these visions etc. Have just registered both of us with Doctor but have to wait until 25th for appointment. I'm due to go over to the Channel islands in a couple of weeks time but seriously thinking of cancelling because of the worry of leaving her on her own. Please can you advise .
Many Thanks .
Alan
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidit sounds like she is having symptoms of dementia and hallucinations.hearing things which are not thereand seeing things which are not there.this can be due to many possible causes.you are right she needs to see a doctorbest to reschedule your trip to the channel island if at all possible to a later dateso you can continue to watch herand to get her to a GP doctor as soon as possiblethis could be due to one of her medicationsshe might need a CT scan or MRI scan of her brain.or this could be early dementia from old age.let me know if you have questions.