How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45936
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I visited a very hot country in the summer and didn't use

Customer Question

I visited a very hot country in the summer and didn't use any sun screen, I generally have dark skin/ tanned colour. Due to a little sun exposure and 40+ C degree, I developed a bad skin on my cheeks. It looks like it has burnt. It doesn't hurt when I touch it and the texture is the same of my skin- no different. Could you please suggest a treatment- attached photo.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthe skin condition you have is called Melasmathis is caused by repeated sun exposure over time in hot sunny need to start using sun screen on your face all the time when outdoors and in the sun to protect your skin.there are many face creams with SPF that you can use and you should be using.there are skin lightening creams, but they usually don't work very can see a dermatologist to get skin carbon dioxide laser skin treatment to help lighten the skin.but best to just start using an SPF skin facial cream daily to protect your face from the sunand over time, the darkening of the skin will get betterlet me know if you have questions .
Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the response Dr David, very helpful.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your positive can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using