Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

What is the meaning of Lymphocyts

What is the meaning of Lymphocyts
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. Lymphocytes are one of the common types of white blood cells. There is no meaning to lymphocytes unless the number of lymphocytes are elevated, also called lymphocytosis. The most common cause of lymphocytosis is a viral infection, and there are many viral infections that can cause lymphocytosis. Other symptoms or findings on exam would suggest what type of viral infection is present. There are also a variety of other infections that can cause lymphocytosis, including certain bacterial or protozoal infections. Less commonly, lymphocytosis can occur associated with certain cancers, such as lymphoma or certain leukemias. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.