Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Hey my names Nas. I had problems whilst urinating like pain

Hey my names Nas. I had problems whilst urinating like pain and frequently needing to go to the bathroom last year towards December and so did my partner so we got checked for the main sti's which came back negative. After having to go to the clinic about 4 times they tested my partner for mycoplasma genitalium which came back positive. They also treated me too. However, I still sometimes bleed during sex and I don't know why and it's really starting to worry me. Sometimes certain things may be uncomfortable for me whilst having sex. I really need to find out why I'm bleeding and if it's not any of the sti's do you know what it could be? Or who I should see to find out. Many thanks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.Bleeding during or after sex can be becuase of number of reasons including infection, such as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), or a sexually transmitted infection (STI), such as chlamydia, vaginal dryness (atrophic vaginitis) caused by reduced vaginal secretions after the menopause, damage to the vagina, such as tears caused by childbirth, or by dryness or friction during sex, cervical or endometrial polyps , cervical ectropion (also known as cervical erosion), where there is an inflamed area on the surface of the cervix.You need to see a gynecologist for thorough physical examination of the cervix with speculum so that exact diagnosis can be made and treated.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Where do I go to get an appointment with a gynecologist?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply.You can go to your GP and he can refer you to gynecologist or you can get appointment from private clinic in your area.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.