Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am a little concerned as I still have swollen, tender

Hi, I am a little concerned as I still have swollen, tender breasts and my period ended yesterday. The tenderness started the day my period started, they are both the same and are a little less tender now but still feel swollen. I have been stressing a lot during the past month and also took the emergency contraceptive last month so it might be a hormonal issue? Any advice greatly received.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.Yes it is most likely hormonal issue. It will go away eventually in couple of days. Nothing much to worry about. You can take tylenol to relieve pain if it is associated. Take lots of fluids.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr Uzair,
Thank you for your reply. Since you emailed me, my breasts have become less tender and sore, but yesterday evening I saw that I had a little pink discharge that is now brown this morning. It looks like it might be old blood from the remainder of my period which finished on Friday. I think this is all hormone related as my breasts are still a little swollen, and the fact that I have been stressing a lot about it probably doesn't help.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply.There is nothing to worry if that was a little discharge. I would suggest you to get a pregnancy test to rule out implantation bleeding and pregnancy. And do not stress yourself. You can get a thorough evaluation by your doctor for peace of mind.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I have been 'poking around' to check and checking the internet for symptoms which is silly, I have calmed down now.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure to help you.