DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

After a tummy bug 6 months ago I had pains in my tummy almost

After a tummy bug 6 months ago I had pains in my tummy almost every day. 3months ago I had some dental work done and was given a short course of Amoxycillin. The pains in my tummy seemed to disappear. However they have now come back with another short bout of diahorrea. Has the first bug caused damage? It gets worse after eating citrus or drinking alcohol.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloWhat tests have you had for this?It is not a bugIt is likely irritable bowel, or a result of antibiotic use.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had no tests. It's started before any use of antibiotics
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Most likely irritable bowel syndrome.However, if you have not had a clean colonoscopy in the last 10 years, that needs to be done to rule out inflammatory colon problems, diverticulosis, and polyps. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pains are high, just under diaphragm so I' not sure it's bowel related
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
This can still be small bowel overgrowth.You still need a colonoscopy, as colon pain can be both right and left upper quadrants, as the colon circles the entire abdomen.Your doctors routine exam and tests should rule out problems with the gallbladder, liver and pancrease.If there is any question there, then ultrasound.Stomach ulcer would tend to have localized pain in the middle, but is possible.Positive rating? We are only paid per rating.Please do that and come back if there are more questions.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanksSee my premium services offer
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.