Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Two years i had cold that developed into this violent loud

Two years i had cold that developed into this violent loud cough for month and as the cough was wearing off i got breathing problems which lasted for couple months - It got to the point i couldn't walk up and down the stairs without being on the floor gasping - I was never in no pain and was just white fluffy stuff i would bring up yet could not catch my breath and that was scary. - I was away from home and was given antibiotics which cleared it all apart from ever since then i constantly having wheezing problems and cough that comes and goes every couple weeks - It never gets to the point i am gasping and its more like i have cough/cold- I never bring up anything but white stuff and is no pain but i do get sleepy -- I can run on the treadmill for 10mins and be ok yet if i cut the grass for hour or do bit dusting the wheezing starts and it will take few days to go.. Is it possible i have damaged my lungs from the violent coughing - Is it possible to get asthma or allegies after a chest infection or is possible i never got over the chest infection. Before i had that violent cough and chest infection two years ago - I never had no breathing issues or wheezing. I am also worried is COPD and have fear of going to the doctors - which is why i am asking on here. ty for your help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to add - I smoked for 15 years - Gave up in 2013.. I don't drink alcohol and am vegetarian and fairly fit - I am not over weight or under weight.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My stomata seems a lot more sensitive over the last few years and i cycle between constipation and diarrhoea - Started taking Probiotics only just recently and this has helped dramatically with that problem. There are no other medical issues and i take no medications or tablets other then probiotics.
how old are you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
34
It is possible you have developed asthma. Absolutely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ty