Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Dr I have being doing IUI insemination to get pregnant

Hello Dr
I have being doing IUI insemination to get pregnant ,I have done 3 times with no success and I have some doubts about the technique.
Is it supposed syringe catheter to hit the wall of the uterus so hard that couse bleeding and discomfort for a few days? In this case would be possible that the sperm was injected in the uterus tissue (flesh)instead of freely near of the fallopian tubes to reach the egg?
would this be the reason failure?
I am really confused, please help me...
Thank-you
Ana Semedo
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthe fallopian tubes are inside of the uterus.they may have injected through the cervical os (hole) and into the uterus which will make it easier for the sperm to get into the fallopian tube to reach the egg.it would be more difficult to inject the sperm on the outside of the cervix. which would force the sperm to have to swim through the cervix os.dilating the cervcal os during the injection can cause cramps and some mild bleeding for a few days.are you using a sperm donor? or is your male partner donating the semen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using a donor.
what causes the bleeding? the catheter hurting the uterus?
Do you have any advice that can help my next insemination successful?
Thank-you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
dilating the cervical os to get the semen into the uterus can cause cramping and some mild bleeding.you can try to take some ibuprofen or naproxen sodium with food prior to the procedure to decrease painhave you had a Hysterosalpingogram to check for openness of your Fallopian tubes that would allow the egg and sperm to meet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I did that 2 years ago and it was ok.
I never took any stimulating for ovulation, do you think I should? is it safe enough?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I would not take any ovulating stimulating agents without talking first to your IVF team.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com