Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My left leg has swollen so much i can hardly bend it , can

Customer Question

my left leg has swollen so much i can hardly bend it , can you tell me whats causing this and what i can do about it please.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.There can be number of reasons of leg swelling including heart and renal problems but most common cause of single leg acute onset swelling is venous thrombosis (clot in the leg) which can be dangerous as it can throw clots to your lungs causing embolism. I wouls suggest you to go to A&E to get this evaluated and examined to rule out this serious condition and to be on safe side.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.