Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I had a car accident last September , went to dr with neck

Customer Question

I had a car accident last September , went to dr with neck pain headache , and swollen hand , was given painkillers for neck pain and X-ray for my hand , as the weeks went on the pain on the back of my head on right side , got worse and worse , going over top of my head , jaw and ear hurt also with yellow lights flashing down at side of my face , had biopsy on lump on my head , and was sent to Birmingham eye hospital , both was fine , I kept asking for X-ray on my neck 6 visits to drs still no X-ray more tablets , by February , I demanded a X-ray . And was kept in Hospital with my 7th vertibra had moved half a inch and was cracked was kept in hospital and had a braes on for 8 weeks , went to walgrove coventry hospital last Friday to no avail need a cv scan , I should fly May can I is it safe
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That is indeed frustrating.The healing of the cracked vertebra takes about 8 to 12 weeks.Hence, may not be adequate time for air travel.However if your symptoms improve faster, then you can travel.You should be able to sit for the time of the flight and also should not experience any severe pain, dizziness or other neurological symptoms.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/