Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am being woken up during the night with really bad burning

I am being woken up during the night with really bad burning and pins and needles in my first two forfingers on each hand the left hand being the worst affected
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Seems like you are having what is called as carpal tunnel syndrome which affects the first two fingers the most.This happens due to pinching of the median nerve at the level of the wrist.Treatment involves wearing a wrist splint at night, nerve pain medications like pregabalin or gabapentin if the burning and pins and needles sensations is severe. Cortisone or steroid injections at the level of the wrist to reduce inflammation or swelling at the level of the median nerve may also help.If none of these treatments work then the final option is surgery which is a simple procedure to release pressure on the median nerve.But the first thing is that you need to have your diagnosis confirmed.I would recommend that you be seen by your GP to start with.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.Wish you all the best.Take careGoodbye for now :)