Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

About amonth ago i inserted a butplug and i have been unwell

about amonth ago i inserted a butplug and i have been unwell .pressure in lower stomach .wanting to go to wee alot. lots of bubbling in belly. sweating at night .straining to open bowels .some days ok .then symtems return. been to the docters .no urine infection just waiting for bloods this thursday and then i got to see the docter the following week.it seems to me i might have a bowel infection but the docter wont prescribe me antibiotics and i think he is teaching me a lesson because i have done this before.its very uncomfortable and im worried it will get worse because ive got a long time to wait before i see him again.what antibiotics do i need to help me in the mean time. thanks .
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I think that it just may be some inflammation in there, in which case it should settle on its own as it heals up.So I would wait for a few days i.e. three to five days.If symptoms persist you may require a course of an antibiotic like metronidazole (flagyl) 500 mg three times a day for five to seven days.Let me know if you have more questions.Rate me when you are done asking.Regards