Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I fell a year ago and injured my shoulder there is a noticeable

I fell a year ago and injured my shoulder there is a noticeable bump on my clavicle it was xrayed at the time and they said it was not broke and will heal its self but i have limited movement in the joint and yesterday i was moving my arm and felt like my shoulder pop out and in again was very painful my shoulder is very tight and painful if i try and raise my elbow above shoulder height
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I think that it may have been misdiagnosed.X-rays can, at times miss dislocations or fractures and the best test is MRI scan.I would recommend that you should go back to your GP and request further testing to diagnose your problem appropriately and then proceed accordingly.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Also, if you have not been seen by an orthopedic surgeon I would recommend that you be referred to one.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would a dislocation or fracture both cause the shoulder popping out
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
A dislocation would cause shoulder popping out actually.Sometimes a dislocation can be missed by a plain x-ray.