Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Have had 4 heartattacks followed by cardiac events arrest in

Customer Question

Have had 4 heartattacks followed by cardiac events arrest in 2012 included hitting my on my head on concrete walkway, in hospital blood was drained from head also induced coma.
I get terrible headaches fall down get very dizzy.
I went to see neurologist (private) he done a lot of tests and gave me painkillers
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi.Can you please tell me what your question is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What treatment is available for my head, could I have traumatic brain injury? Docter has said oxygen is not able to get to brain, they have'ent offered me any.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the matter with my head, headaches and dizziness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the reply.With your history of having 4 cardiac events, surgery is definitely not an option any neurosurgeon would be keen on considering. Yes, this does sound like traumatic brain injury. A subdural hematoma was evacuated and you were in coma as well which means that some brain matter was indeed damaged during the process and since brain tissue is the slowest to recover rather it does not recover but duties performed by the areas damaged are taken up by other areas of the brain. And since, those areas are not trained to handle those specific tasks, it takes a lot of re training to adapt.The best and foremost thing to do is constant physiotherapy administered by a trained physiatrist and continuous retraining exercises.You should discuss with the neurologist for referral to a recognized physiotherapy program.I would also suggest that you have your echocardiogram done to see what your ejection fraction is, since a low output from a damaged heart makes it difficult to pump blood aqnd oxygen to brain tissue for optimum function.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had echocardiogram
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Alright - and your ejection fraction was?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do'nt know
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Okay - you might want to check it, it is most likely low and this can cause the heart to have low output and hinder blood flow to the brain. A carotid doppler and an MRI DWI are other tests you should ask your doctor about.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.