Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

About 3 hrs ago I swallowed a piece of toast which lodged in

About 3 hrs ago I swallowed a piece of toast which lodged in my throat for few seconds. Since then I have felt as though I have a lump at the top of my throat and some pain on swallowing but have eaten Apple soft fruit and yoghurt and had hot and cold drinks and had no swallowing problem except he above discomfort, I have not vomited or coughed up any blood. The same pain n there when I speak but I can talk ok and both swallowing and speaking seems to make the issue easier. Is this just local trauma that will subside n its own time ??@
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Toast is hard food.That can cause inflammation of the lining.This will lead to discomfort.Usually improves over a week or so.You can try liquid antacids like Maalox or peptobismol to help with the discomfort.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much for the timely answer
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcomeBest wishes