DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am suffering from motion sickness and my GP suggests that

I am suffering from motion sickness and my GP suggests that it could be due to the medication I am taking for the control of hypertension. The two main tablets that I am concerned about.is
1] Ramipril
2] Amlodipine.
I have tried excluding them from the mix but the feeling of being on the sea in a boat comes back later in the day. I am on rather a lot of medication for this complaint. If you would like me to I will add every thing else on this list
HelloPlease list all of your medicationsI can not review them without knowing what they arethanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The two I am most concerned about is 1] Ramipril 2] Amlodipine. This is a list of the rest of my medication.3]Indapamide 2.5 mgms
4] Moxonidine0.4mgms a.m
This is all the medication for the control of hypertension
5] Moxo0nidine 0.2mgms nocte
6] Simvastatin 20mgs nocteThere are other medications but they are not for the control of hypertension
amlodipine can, if it is lowering the bp too much especiallysame withe ramipril.Moxonidine more so with the dizziness, a more common side effect.Not simvastanin so much. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not suffering from dizziness or vertigo. I altered two pairs of trousers for myself last week so I can sit and do needlework.
This is a feeling of rocking especiall6y when I am sat down yet I am not moving. If I shut my eyes when standing or sitting I know I shall fall if I am not supported or holding on to something. Any ideas? I can`t tolerate this continually.
same answerYou need a comprehensive checkMedicationsheartbrainnervous systeminner ear