wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Does diabetes insipidus have effect on early pregnancy? Will

does diabetes insipidus have effect on early pregnancy? Will pregnancy increase any risks associated with diabetes insipidus?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.Tell me more about your diabetes: What medication you take, your usual control and you long you have been diabetic.How tall are you and how much do you weigh?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take 60micrograms of Minirin a desmopressin ( DDAVP MELT) 3to 4 times daily. Previously in 2003 I got diagnosed with langerhans cell histiocytosis and it is the reason why i got diabetes insipidus because it attacked the pituitary gland. i am 161 cm tall and i weigh 65.5 kg. i don't have any other medical problems that i know of or take any other medictaions and i haven't relapsed since 2005. Thank you very much.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that additional information.Given what you have posted you should be able to safely become pregnant and carry a healthy baby to term....but, you really should get under the care of an experienced OB/GYN and let your endocrinologist know about your plans to become pregnant as it can cause issues with both your diabetes and your pregnancy.The good news? Millions of diabetic women like you have had safe pregnancies and healthy babies :)Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACSI wish you the best of luck :)