DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Just started taking the pill first time in my

Hello! Just started taking the pill for the first time in my life about 3 weeks ago. Moved onto the second pack without stopping for the "1 week withdrawal bleed". However, 2 days ago i started bleeding a little bit - nothing heavy, definitely not like a normal period but still bleeding until now (2 days later) with a little bit of cramps. Read online that this may be normal as i'm new to the pill, but just wanted to double check.. Thanks so much!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYes.It can be normal.It is called breakthrough bleeding.Pregnancy is extremely unlikely, but you can do a home test to check. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!Save time: find me by request in the medical category. Use my request link for safe, fast and correct answers. I am here daily. I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.