Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have this cough that has been going on few days

Hi I have this cough that has been going on for a few days I feel a little short of breath but I am concerned over the last few weeks I have had really bad swollen ankles and I have put on some weight, I do have Parkinson's disease and take medication that can cause this. Could this be a problem with my heart or am I just being a little paranoid.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidit could be something new wrong with your heart.new heart weakness can cause fluid to back up in the lungs, shortness of breath and new bad swelling in your anklesor you could have too much salt intake which can cause swelling in your ankles.and cough and allergy asthma which can cause shortness of breath.the only way to know is to see a doctor and get heart testing and lung testing to see why you are short of breath.are you willing to go to the ER or see your doctor and get testing to see what is going on?