Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Spot found on liver 3 years ago, now there is another?

spot found on liver 3 years ago, now there is another?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Was the spot seen on CT scan or ultrasound?Do you have any symptoms?Any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi my wife had an ultrasound three years ago as she was suffering from back pain and alump was found on her liver, presumed a birth mark. another scan in December and another lump was found. Her blood work is all clear. The spots were found on an ultrasound. she is currently taking tegratol for epilepsy and a pain killer
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
How big is the spot?Do you have the ultrasound report with you? If yes, can you attach the report on here.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Sorry do not have the report, spots were around 2cm wide
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
In the vast majority of cases such spots are nothing to worry about and usually represent hemangiomas.So I would just keep an eye on them by repeating an ultrasound or a CT scan after a period of another six months to a year.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The go has already stated it is odd only cancer as the main blood vessels appear inflamed on the scan?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Well, has your wife had a CT scan or MRI as yet or no?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet she is still waiting to see a specialist but it has been nearly 4 months now
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I still think it is UNLIKELY to be anything serious or anything to worry about but I would just keep an eye on it.It sounds like the lesions are benign/harmless.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards