Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have non-itchy, non-raised red spots all over my body. Those

I have non-itchy, non-raised red spots all over my body. Those spots on limbs are pinkish red, smaller but blotchy, while those on my palms and soles of feet are dark red, bigger and not so blotchy (can identify individual spots), and on my hands, there are a few very tiny circular peeling (look like those peeling due to hands are too dry) on palms and fingers while my hands are never dry and itchy at all, and in fact I rarely have skin peeling on my hands for all my life, they are the areas that the skin has always looked nice, smooth and moisturised without handcream or hand moisturizers.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.When did this start to happen?Are these spots itchy?Can you send a picture for identification of the rash?Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of them are itchy. All of them are non raised as well.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Do you apply any emollient or moisturizer to the hands and soles?Are you on any medication?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not apply moisturizer or emollient to the hands and soles.I'm not on any medication.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.When did these first appear?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They appeared around 2 to 3 weeks ago.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.This looks like vasculitis, which is an autoimmune condition that affect the small blood vessels under the skin. Such spots and a rash is seen in these conditions. Sometimes, such a rash can be seen in contact dermatitis as well, but that is usually raised above the surface, does not involve the whole body and is itchy or painful. The non itchy nature of this rash and causing skin peeling is seen in Vasculitides.I would suggest that you go and see your GP and request a referral to the dermatologist. A series of tests will confirm the diagnosis and topical and oral steroids (short course) should take care of this.Let me know if you have any queries.Please do rate the answer by clicking on the stars on top of your screen.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time and explanation!
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
It is my pleasure.