Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a hard lump on my clavicle from a previous fall it

I have a hard lump on my clavicle from a previous fall it was xrayed at the time no fracture/disclocatation the other day i was moving my arm felt like my shoulder popped out of place and back in again i know have limited movement in my shoulder and my hand is tingling and cramped would you have any indication has to what is wrong with it
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.It seems like the shoulder dislocated temporarily and went back in the socket. However, in this process sometimes, the nerves of the brachial plexus are impinged upon and a traction injury occurs. This causes tingling in the hand. I would suggest that you see your GP for this, so that an examination is done to see which nerve - median or ulnar (commonly) were impinged on. And if there is any ligamentous injury. An MRI of the shoulder joint can be done if there is any suspicion of ligamentous injury which will need medication and physiotherapy.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does a dislocation cause a lump on the clavicle or could a fracture have been missed on the xray the first time i injured it
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Lumps are caused by soft tissue swellings, scarring and fibrosis. Fractures are inherently very painful and if there were a fracture of the clavicle you would have had excruciating pain. And x rays do not miss clavicle fractures.Dislocations also do not cause lumps and on the clavicle there is nothing to be dislocated.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.