Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am Barbara Piana and my son Riccardo has got 7 month

I am Barbara Piana and my son Riccardo has got 7 month and 16 days.
Few weeks ago he had an eczema on his chest and at the back. My GP gave him Elocon cream to put on the affected areas, Oilatum cream to put on as often as required and for the bath Dermol 500 lotion. I have to say that after using Elocon cream for a couple of days, the eczema disappeared completely. I am still using Oilatum and Dermol 500. Yesterday I have noticed that the chest and back start to have small red spot as last time.
The GP says that the eczema wasn't caused by allergy food but in mine and my husband family history don't have any case of eczema. I would like to know if there is any test my son can do to find out if this problem is caused by food or something else.
Thank you in advance.
Barbara Piana
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.I understand your concerns. Yes your son should be checked for the food and environmental allergies. The allergic rash and eczema both will respond to similar treatment with steroids. So their differentiation is important. The allergens can be tested by the blood antibody level determination. Food and environmental allergy panel can be ordered. Skin allergy testing is another option. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/