DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Need some advice .help!!!!I have a relative that has

hi. need some advice .help!!!!
I have a relative that has very large blood blisters ( massive) that appear on her feet and lower legs for no apparent reason. .
then the skin tissue breaks down tears and they weep blood.the pain along with them is excruciating.
there have been numerous visits into hospital blood test and swabs have been done and show nothing untoward is wrong.
she gets sent home with antibiotics but the doctors say its a mystery illness.
I have pictures not sure how to attach them.
this has been going on for 9 months now .
could it relate to dermatology or a vascular illness.
she is at her wits end with this. her GP doesn't want to know. we cant help obviously. so we are just clutching at anything we can.
steve tanner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tel number ***********
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Steve,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloPlease attach a picture here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi would still like a reply please
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
it is likely that this is bulbous disease.Such as bulgous phemphigoid.I asked you to attach picturesCan you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attach photos
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It is an autoimmune problem.She needs to see a rheumatologist familiar with phemphigoid and other bullous diseases. Or dermatologist familiar with this.Here is a link with some picshttp://www.dermnetnz.org/immune/pemphigoid.html OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your reply.
this disease has been mentioned but sort of discounted because of blood test and swabs done;
there is no itching whatsoever.no yellow liquid either just blood.
her feet can be clear one minute then a blister appears the next and starts to get bigger and pain ( throbing until it tears yhen needs dressing.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I don't think that swabs exclude it.Biopsy needs to be done and is more definitive, along with direct and indirect immunophorescence.If she has not seen both a rheumatologist and a dermatologist, I suggest both.If there is still confusion, I suggest a major medical center such as the center of evidence based dermatology, University of Notingham. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.