Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm not sure wether I showed many aspergers symptoms as a

I'm not sure wether I showed many aspergers symptoms as a child is it possible to develop more noticeable aspergers symptoms later in life especially after a very stressful event?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That is not common.But it is possible to manifest some symptoms in times of stress if you were not evaluated properly in childhood.Have you been evaluated formally by a psychologist?Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So after my very stressful event I exhibited much more obvious symptoms of aspergers. I kind of feel like it wasn't aspergers then as it had a cause and it was later in life. But your saying aspergers can be made worse by a stressful event, because I really do display the symptoms now? Now it could be that I actually did display aspergers symptoms early on I'm just not qualified enough to spot them though.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That is correct --you can manifest the symptoms over time due to the stressful events in life. You should see a psychologist experienced in asperger's diagnosis for proper evaluation.