Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

There I have a 2.5 year old little girl who i got pregnant

Customer Question

Hi There
I have a 2.5 year old little girl who i got pregnant with very easily, after she was born i became very ill with retained placenta and suffered badly with septicemia. I had a d and c but remember the panic in the hospital room as my body went very much into shock. I have been trying for 2 years to get pregnant again to no avail and i recently did an ivf cycle which failed also. I was told my the ivf consultant that i was a very good candidate for ivf and i went through the whole procedure with no problems and had a 5 day blastocyst. I cant help thinking the the sepsis infection has caused alot of problems for me now trying to get pregnant, what are your views on this ? Is it possible the infection ahs ruined my chances of getting pregnant again ?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Sorry to hear about your sufferings. Did you have a hysterosalpingogram to check if the uterus lining and fallopian tubes are functioning normally?There is risk of scarring of the uterus lining from infection and D & C interfering with pregnancies later. The risk is about 10-20%.So 80% chance you may still get pregnant. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i had a laporoscopy etc and my tubes etc were fine.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Ok then you are in excellent condition to get pregnant. What did the IVF specialist say about your recent attempt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent spoken to him yet, they just called me yesterday to say the ivf failed. I am waiting to hear from him but i cant help thinking the infection from the retained placenta has caused problems as i got pregnant so easy the first time !
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Although it seems like that, it is very unlikely since you went upto blastocyst stage.More likely cause is chromosomal abnormalities.That will be discussed by your specialist when he gets the full report.Do not worry about your past infection.It was a traumatizing experience for you, current evidences suggest you should be able to pregnantBest wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you any suggestions of anything i can do to have a better chance of concieving as i cant afford to do IVF, would acupuncture help ? Should i try Clomid again ?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
I think, clomid will be a cheaper option to stimulate ovulation. Please also get your partner checked for any sperm abnormalities as well. Avoid alcohol. Please follow a high fiber diet. Organic food is better. Avoid animal proteins if possible.Supplements that may help --vitamin B complex, vitamin E, CoQ10, vitamin D and C, Selenium, zinc, essential fatty acids. Best wishes