DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I occasionally get gripping pains across the stomach, starting

I occasionally get gripping pains across the stomach, starting off at a low level and increasing to the centre. They become VERY painful. I have had 3 X rays which show no anomally. They usually last several days and then fade away. I have Barrett's Oesophagus.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloX rays are useless.First of all you should have had a colonoscopy at age 50, 60 and 70.If you have not had a clean colonoscopy in the last 10 years, this is needed.Another more immediate option for the pain is a scan of the abdomen [CT or MRI].However, testing needs to be based on exam.This could besmall bowell problemischemic bowelcolon problemIBSother inflammatory problemPartial obstruction.Bladder problemI suggest you see a good internist at this point to go over this list. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - pretty much as I thought and obviously must take it further.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Find me anytime.See my premium services offer, otherwise, please click a positive rating at the top of this page.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanksSave you time on the site and find me by request for fast, comprehensive and accurate answers.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.