Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have something in my mouth I would like to show you, it's

I have something in my mouth I would like to show you, it's under my upper back tooth on the check, it's like a black line surrounded by white....vwry scared
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
HI and welcome.Please send a photo here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't seem to upload it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's another
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Does this area hurt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pain
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
This seems like scarring or fibrosis of the mucosa due to a previous trauma possibly due to a hard or sharp food that you ate. Mucosa of the palate and the retromolar trigone (the area you are concerned about) often attains a whitish or a dark redish black color when it scars.If this area is not tender and does not hurt, you should not be concerned about it. Most of the time, the scar takes about six months to a year to mature and looses the hard consistency.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. To me to feel it feels like a lump but it doesn't look like it is. So you believe perfectly normal?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Does not look like anything that one should be overtly concerned about, sometimes, the minor salivary glands can get blocked and act like this as well. That can form a small lump until the blockage gives way.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. I have had it quite a while. Thank you very much.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Sure, it is a pleasure.