Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Ive just been givin 25mg of pregabalin will this work for

Ive just been givin 25mg of pregabalin will this work for anxcity and how long does it take to work Iam also on 40mg of citolopram have been for ten years
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Pregabalin can be used as an adjunctive therapy for anxiety with citalopram.it usually takes around two to four weeks to start working.I am very hopeful that it will work for you.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can 25mg be enough for anxcity or do u think I'd need more x
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
25 mg is a good starting dose for anxiety.If your symptoms do not improve in a period of two to four weeks then the dose can be increased gradually to 50 mg and then 75 mg after another two to four weeks.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But 25mg can get rid of anxcity aswell without upping the dose??
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes it can definitely get rid of anxiety without upping dose.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But it can take 2 weeks to notice a different
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes it can take two weeks to notice a difference. I would appreciate a rating before we proceed.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u do u think it will make w diffrence my anxcity has been awful I haven't even wanted to go out just hopeing these tablets work I only started them yesterday if I was gonna get any side affects would I have had them buy now?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes you would have already started to have some side effects even after taking the first dose if you were to have them.if you have not experienced any side effects, then you will likely not experience any, not at least with this dose.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it hopeful to see a diffrence in anxcity with such a small dose Aswell as taking the citolapram 40mg ive been on them ten years