Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Recently Back from Singapore after 2 days holiday. arrived

Recently Back from Singapore after 2 days holiday. arrived in UK Sunday morning and since Sunday pm ive had bad diarrhea. On sunday it was nearly every hour right through to monday morning. throughout Monday it wasnt so often but still was frequent! today is my first full meal and 2 hours later i was in toilet again. seems like along time to have diarrhea.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.You should be seen ASAP by your GP as you may require a course of an antibiotic like ciprofloxacin to help with your diarrhea.You will also require a stool test as well.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a stool test? And do U think I got food poisoning ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've iust googled, it's the worst case of diarreah I've seen, it is PURE liquid
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Your doctor or the lab will give you a small container to collect your stool (poo) and deposit in the lab for examination to rule out if this is due to parasites or bacteria and if there is blood in it or not.Pure liquid means you must be seen ASAP as this kind of diarrhea may cause dehydration.I certainly think that you ate something in Singapore that caused this.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanku! I'll get to her tomorrow a sap!
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.Wish you all the best.Take careGoodbye for now :)