DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I keep getting pinz and needles the numbing sedation in my

I keep getting pinz and needles the numbing sedation in my hands through the night . I am literally crying now navigate I'm scared there's something wrong with my :( I woke up at the weekend wih a sore neck and the back of my head felt a bit numb/ pinz and needles . I am scared I have ms and I am crying and feel sick that's somethings wrong with me . I am 37 female who is n really good health or at least I think I am
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 11 months ago.
Hello;This is not typical of MS.It is typical of disc problems in the neck, the cervical spine.You need to see your doctor and ask for an MRI of the cervical spine to see if this is the case.Many other causes are possible, even sleeping in the wrong position.If it is through the day, it is more likely disc disease.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So you think I have a spinal problem ? It only happens through the night
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I thought it was just positional and caused by the way I was lying ??? Now I am scared and panicking :(
YesAnd that would indicate a mild problem, fixed with physical therapy.I see no reason to be scared at this point.I do see a reason for an exam.Good luck.Please click a positive rating at the top of this post.Come back if needed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why don't you think it's the way I am sleeping ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So do you think it's the way I sleep or a more Serious condition ?
I do think it is the way you are sleeping and I said so before.But this can still mean disc problems and you still need an exam.I need to see a positive please. We are only paid per positive.Then come back if you need clarification.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So how can a disc problem be causing it by the way I sleep ? Is this something serious ? I am so so scared ? I will go for an exam by doctor :(
You also need to get your anxiety treated, which can also cause this.If you sleep funny, and you have a mild disc problem, sleeping funny can aggravate the disc problem.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have bad anxiety and I am getting it treated . I'm sorry it's just I have my time of month this weekend and it's making me very irrational :(
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So I may not have a disc problem ?
That's OKgood luck.Find me by request for future questions.See my premium services offer if you want more time on this thread.You might or might not have a disc problem.